- Personalized experience using a private guide
- Inclusive of all monument entrance fees
- Inclusive of all taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees
- Meals for veggie lovers
- Old Delhi Food Tour
- Traditional dishes and delightful cuisines
- Exploration of the city on foot
- Enjoy a rickshaw ride as you navigate old narrow streets of old Delhi
- A driver and a guide will be available at your disposal for this tour. They will pick you up at 9 am in a private, air-conditioned vehicle.
- The first exploration begins with New Delhi. You will pay a visit to India Gate – a memorial to pay tribute to 82,000 soldiers who passed on during the First World War. From that point, you’ll drive past government buildings, even the President and the Parliament House, both dating back to the era of the British Raj.
- Walk along with your tour guide towards the Gurudwara Bangla Sahib. The morning hours are best to explore the serenity and peace at the Sikh temple. This Sikh place of worship is constructed at the site where the eight Sikh master, Harkrishan Dev, resided before his passing in 1664. Additionally, the Gurudwara possesses a cosmic tank with healing powers, according to popular belief.
- The practice of langar is dominant at this temple, and all people irrespective of race or religion are permitted to eat free of charge in the Gurdwara kitchen –langar hall. Have a unique culinary experience by visiting the big kitchen, where meals for a large number of individuals are prepared each day. Also get an opportunity to volunteer in the langar.
- We will then go for an exploration of Old Delhi. To begin with, visit the Jama Masjid, one of India’s biggest mosques, the yard of which can hold up to 25,000 enthusiasts. Next, take an exciting rickshaw ride through the clamoring and brilliant streets of the shopping bazaar, ChandniChowk.
- With the rickshaw ride and excitement over, it is time to explore old Delhi by foot and have a taste of the Mughal food for our Lunch. Old Delhi food walk comes readily as an excellent choice for tourists that are enthusiastic about exploring the street food culture, sights, the local people, and the market in a short period. Aside from food, guests get to visit some of the least explored corners, which are not famous but deserve seeing the active market, meeting and connecting with local people and strolling through beautiful roads which haven’t changed much in the previous two centuries.
- Drive past Red Fort while in transit to Raj Ghat– the black marble stage memorial that commemorates the spot of Mahatma Gandhi’s cremation.
- After the time spent at the Raj Ghat, enter your car and head to Qutub Minar Complex (a UNESCO World Heritage Site) constructed by Qutub-ud-din Aibak in the 12th century.
- As time progressed, you will have an opportunity to appreciate the shopping atmosphere in Delhi. This city is popular for textiles and painstaking handicraft, for example, shoes, jewelry, bags, carpet, leather, and conventional and contemporary Indian art. Your day comes to a wrap with your private
car taking you back to your hotel, or better still, to the airport at around 7 pm.
Important Information about Guide, Driver, Vehicle, and Customer Service Support
Guide: Superior to an ordinary licensed tour guide; cordial and supportive with fluent English
Driver: Sound licensed local driver with not less than 5-years driving experience
Vehicle: Business car with air-condition—a maximum of 6 seats plus GPS facilities, enormous windows,
free in-car Wi-Fi and abundant space.
Vacation India New Delhi Office:24-7 customer service, with full backup support.
Private Old and New Delhi Day Tour is Inclusive of:
- Private tour visit
- Fluent -speaking English guide
- Pickup and drop-off at the hotel
- Site attractions entrance fees
- A delightful Rickshaw ride
- All vital transportation to/from site attractions
- Free well-packaged drinking water
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
Tour is Exclusive of:
- Tour guide and driver’s gratuities
- Food and drinks, unless stated otherwise
- Camera and Video Camera Fee at the landmarks
- Airport Terminal Transfer
- Confirmation will be sent via Email at the time of booking
- No specific dress code applies when you get to tour sites. Be that as it may, please make sure to dress decent for places of worship. Shorts or sleeveless tops are not on our recommendation list.
- Dietary requirements are to be stated at the time of booking
- Moderate amount of walking is inclusive. It is advised that you wear comfortable shoes and shades/sunscreen.
- Tour works with at least 1person and a maximum 8 persons
- We provide airport transfer service for this particular trip, with price ranging from 17 USD per person
- In the evening that precedes your tour, you will receive a call from a Vacation India guide at about 7:00 pm to affirm the takeoff time. If you don’t pick up, your guide will leave a message for you at the front work area. If you don’t receive a message or a call after 8.00pm,then it is important you make contact withthe Vacation IndiaNew Delhi Office on this number: +91-84394-78281. We will take care of your issues on the spot.
- If your intention is to leave immediately after your day tour, please do ensure you check out of your hotel before your departure. Ordinarily, it will take 10 to 20 minutes for a hotel staff to carry out these services. Your luggage can be kept in our vehicle, thereafter you will be transported to the airport or train station right after the tour for the best utilization of your time. It will require one hour for the transfer from the city center to the airport. You are expected to be at the airport one-and-half hours before a local flight, or two-and-half hours before your international flight. Let us know about your flight time when booking, and remind our guide, and we will make plans as expected.
- There is no cancellation fee if you cancel at least 7-days before your scheduled time departure.
- There is a 50 percent cancellation fee ifyou cancel between 3 and 6 daysbefore
your scheduled time of departure.
- There is a 100 percent cancellation fee if you cancel
within2-days before your scheduled time of departure.
Point of Departure
Your point of departure will be your hotel in Delhi, or any other location as requested. In the wake of your booking, please give us the exact pickup location in Delhi
(contact information will be sent via a confirmation email)
Return to the original departure point
The Tour Supports the Following Languages:
- English – Guide
- French – Guide
- German – Guide
- Italian – Guide
- Spanish – Guide
- Russian – Guide